Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Use your Smartphone for discounts!



Do you have a "smartphone"?   My husband and I were up for new phones in October and we upgraded to smartphones (Droids).   Let me tell you-FREE apps are awesome and sometimes save you money!
I use Foursquare, I have saved $5.00 off on dinner at one restaurant.  

It is a FREE app and website-you need both.  You are also able to link up with friends and find out where they are!  It is similar to the Facebook check in but Foursquare can save you money!  Different restaurants and services have different specials-you might get a free dessert on a check in or maybe it will take you a little while to earn-we occasionally go to an adult food and drink establishment and on my 10th check in we earn a free pitcher.  You can take pictures and leave tips for other people who check in! :)

For checking in anywhere you also gain points and can see how many points your friends have, your check ins can feed to Facebook and Twitter as well.  You can create your home as a home base and check in there.  When you open your account on your phone an orange box will show you if there are specials nearby.

I think it is a fun way to stay connected to friends.

I am still learning about new features and how to optimize my savings-sometimes I forget to check in, but it really is fun!

If you have any other tips about Foursquare or just want to share how awesome it is please leave a comment on this post! :)



Keep up with the freebies, coupons and deals by subscribing to My Chesapeake Mommy's email updates or RSS Feed! Thanks for visiting!
Use your Smartphone for discounts!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved